We will be doing multiple small projects and activities using CircuitPython and Circuit Playground Express . The object will be to teach the students some basic programming concepts using python to interact with the Circuit Playground Express. The different projects will be things like:
- Treasure Hunt
- Morse Code Flasher
- Quick Draw speed test
- Musical Fruit Box
- Zombie/Human/Healer Game
Each of these projects will be used to demonstrate different programming concepts and hopefully have a little fun at the same time.
Technologies to be Learned:
- programming simple electronic components like LEDs, buttons, and sensors
- basic programming using MU Editor and CircuitPython
- brainstorming on additional projects you can build using a Circuit Playground
- A laptop with at least one USB drive available and working
- Chrome browser (fully updated preferred)
- Some experience with basic programming.